Thursday, June 18, 2009

Alice in Wonderland Part 2


Some of my favorite Alice in Wonderland quotes:


The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked."Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."


"See all the trouble you started?" exclaimed the March Hare."But I didn't think...." said Alice."That's just it. If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk.


"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.""How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice."You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."


Doorknob-Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.


Mad Hatter-No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.


Alice: And how many hours a day did you do lessons?

The Mock Turtle: Ten hours the first day, nine the next, and so on.

Alice: What a curious plan!

The Gryphon: That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lessen from day to day.


Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."


1 comment:

  1. love your quotes. my favorite are:

    "Which road do I take?" asked Alice
    "Where do you want to go?" responded the Cat
    "I don't know," Alice answered.
    "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

    and

    "Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle."

    ReplyDelete